Wednesday 3 July 2013

Nanhi- an unforgettable experience

Nanhi

It all started with our trip to my mom’s place. We used to go to my  mom’s place every year. There was a beautiful house near the colony, which we loved. It was a khaali house and we always used to admire it and wanted to buy it some day.

In one of such visits, we thought of going closer to the house .Nishant told me that lets have a closer view as we are going to buy it. When we went closer, I tried to peep inside the house to see how it looked inside. As I peeped in, I saw a small girl, 3 or 4 yrs of age sitting on a chair in front of a table. She was such a sweet girl that I could not stop looking at her. She was adorable. As I was wondering what this little girl was doing sitting inside an empty house, I saw my maid, who had accompanied us, fainted at seeing this girl. It was then that it struck to Nishant and me that she was not a little girl but a spirit.  At this very moment, she came out of the house and stood in front of me saying- Aunty please play with me, I want to play. We did not know what to do. One thing that surprised me was that although we knew that she was a spirit, we never felt scared even when she stood in front of us. She looked so innocent and lovable. Since our maid was unconscious, we told the little girl that we would come back to play with her.
So, we left that place and went back to my mom’s house.  This incident stayed on with us and we could not get over it somehow.  Nishant and me had several rounds of discussion about buying the house. We then got to know from the neighbours that the house was said to be haunted although no one had ever seen or witnessed any strange incident around that house ever.  Even after listening about the house being haunted, we were so much in love with that house that we decided to buy it.
We once again went to check out the house and to our surprise, saw that little girl still sitting there as if waiting for us. This ghost girl never made us feel scared, rather she was adorable. When she saw us, she again came out and held my hand, requesting me to play with her. This time I played with her for a while. She was delighted. I felt the same way. I could see the expression of approval on Nishant’s face too. We then returned back home. We told our daughters that soon they were going to meet their friend. When they asked her name, I told them, her name was Nanhi.

Soon we shifted  in our new home, the home that we had so much wanted to be in. We did not want to disturb Nanhi so we decided to move on the first floor. The day we moved in, Nanhi came to us. She was very excited. She asked me if she could stay with us. She told me that she has been living alone in the ground floor and hates it, so she wanted to stay with us. We agreed without hesitation as the house was her after all and there were many rooms to accommodate all of us comfortably.So, we gave a room to Nanhi and one room to our kids. We all were happy with our house. Our life once again started running smoothly. The kids would go to school and Nanhi would stay back with me helping me here and there and entertaining me with her lovely talk.

Our life was going smooth and we all were very happy when one day when I returned home after  getting  my kids from school, I saw three pandits sitting inside my house. I rushed inside and asked them what were they doing inside my house and they told me that they had come to take away the spirit that was staying in the house. I felt very scared for Nanhi and scolded them hard and asked them to leave my house. I ran inside to look for Nanhi but Nanhi was nowhere to be found. I felt helpless- this is when I wake up from my dream feeling shocked and helpless.


Wanted to share this dream with everyone. This is a dream that I saw a few nights back and I actually saw it like a movie. I do not know from where did it come to my mind, but it came with a pleasant feeling. Even though it was a filmy dream, I loved Nanhi and the fact that I am so scared of ghosts, still I did not get scared of Nanhi, made me feel really nice. I do not know if this dream is way too dramatic, the fact that it left a strange feeling in me, a feeling where I really wanted to protect Nanhi and the feeling that somewhere Nanhi had not been able to live her childhood and was trying to do so by living with us and playing with us, hit me hard and has still not left me. I have loved every bit of my dream and wanted to pen it down. Hope my readers like it too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment