Wednesday 6 March 2013

The Salman Effect


It all started when I was probably in class eighth or ninth. Even though we were not allowed to watch Maine Pyar Kiya movie( damn the director for keeping such a name for the movie), my love for Salman had planted its seeds deep within my heart. Oh! he looked so handsome. My dad thought it would have a bad impact on his daughters if he allowed us to watch MPK, but he was oblivion of the fact that I had already fallen for Salman.

Then one day I finally decided to introduce Salman to my dad and I went and bought a few posters of him. I couldnt gather the courage to put up his posters on my bedroom walls for some days. Then again one day my walls dorned my handsome hunk's photos. Luckily dad didnt see those posters for a few days and beleive me those days were heavenly. I  actually got a chance to talk to the love of my life every day.

The D day finally arrived. Dad came to my room one day and saw the posters on the walls. God knows why but he was furious. I am sure it was not at all because the posters were destrying the wall paint but it was something more than that. I felt very angry by dad's insecurity. Why this jealousy dad?  I wanted to ask him. I also wanted to tell him that although I loved Salman, my love for him was intact. Although I thought so much but could never gather the courage to tell all this to dad. So, with a heavy heart, I removed all the posters, rolled them and kept them on my shelf. Now each time I would miss him, I would take out the poster roll, talk to him and keep his posters back. I so much wished that some day I would meet him.

Its been ages since that incident happened but somehow I have still not been able to pull Salman out of my heart. Though I have matured, have a loving husband and two adorable kids but I can still manageto place him in a corner of my heart which still misses a beat when it sees Him. The other  day, I was casually browsing my Facebook page when I saw some friend's post where he had put some snaps of Salman when he had visited his son's playschool. God knows what happened to me but I so much wish I was there. I think he will always enjoy this special place in my heart even if I grow old. This Salman effect will always touch my heart. One thing that I never could tell my dad, I would like to tell my darling husband, that" please dont be jealous of Salman. He is my first love and it's a sweet memory that I will cherish in my heart. You are lucky that he never met me, otherwise what today is his loss would have probably been yours". LOL.

3 comments:

  1. ha ha ha. great post indeed. why don't u come to mumbai and i will take u to his building. maybe if u r lucky, u will get a glimpse.

    about the posters, while urs got removed, mine are still there on my wardrobe ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other side of Mrs. Sinha. You dint mention your mom's reaction to those posters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. now aanya has joined the queue....i'm amazed by salman's charisma which has worked on two generations of women in my family...and with sonu who keeps promising the same to all salman-struck women!

    ReplyDelete